The Avada WordPress theme and the Divi WordPress theme are two incredibly powerful themes in their own right. Thanks to Elegant Themes, however, it’s no longer Divi vs. Avada. You can now enjoy both themes at the same time without compromising the integrity of each.
We are going to take a look at the pros and cons of both the Avada Theme and Divi, but it will primarily focus on how both themes have the ability to integrate together, allowing you to benefit from the best of both worlds. Remove all limitations of “either / or”, and what you have left is freedom to build any way you want.
I’m not going to offer the typical “Divi vs. Avada” thorough comparison review, comparing feature by feature in this article, as if we were setting up a battle of the Top WordPress themes. That’s been done so many times and available from numerous sources. That argument is found in small thinking, because there is so much more than that available to you.
Below are the topics of discussion in this article. Feel free to click on any one of the following links to skip to that section.
- Why Should We Talk About the Avada Theme Anyway?
- Avada Pros and Cons
- Divi Pros and Cons
- It’s No Longer an Either Or Issue
- If You Like The Avada Theme, Use It!
Why Should We Talk About the Avada Theme Anyway?
I have to admit, I like the Avada theme. Specifically, I like the flexibility of their implementation of the blog layout. Perhaps it’s just me, but I personally love the blog layout that displays the picture on the left side, while displaying a short teaser description of the article on the right, but that’s just me.
The Avada theme is very popular, and has been since it’s release on August 16, 2012. In fact, it has been purchased by over 450,000 users, and for a time was known as the most popular WordPress theme.
Let’s not underestimate the impact it has had on the WordPress community either. It became popular for several reasons. To begin, ThemeFusion has delivered an outstanding multi-purpose theme that addresses several different types of websites that one might want to build, . . . all found in one theme. Back in 2012, a multi-purpose theme was a new and concept and was very appealing because it felt like you were getting multiple themes for the price of one.
Another reason why the Avada theme became so popular was because ThemeFusion offered excellent support and updates for their flagship product, Avada, and they still do. Because they listen to the WordPress community, they have released new features, most notably their page builder called, “Fusion Builder”.
The Avada Theme has an impressive following, and justifiably so. It really is a very versatile and flexible theme that continues to deliver updates and features even to this day. But is it a threat to Divi? Before addressing that question, let’s take a look at both the pros and cons of both Avada and Divi.
Avada Pros and Cons
Here’s what I like:
- Fully Responsive. You can view this theme on any device, regardless of size.
- Fully Customizable. You can customize each section of this theme.
- Very Clean. It just feels minimal and fresh. Even the fonts used make it feel clean.
- The Blog layout is incredibly simplistic and feature rich.
Here’s what I don’t like:
- There is BIG learning curve. However, once you get past it, you’ll love using the theme, but understand that it will take time to work through the learning curve.
- The license is restricted to ONE site. If you want to use it on two sites, you’ll have to buy it twice. Really?
- Avada includes third-party plugins that require updates EVERY time the Theme is updated. Every time you update the Avada theme, you also have to update Fusion Builder and Fusion Core. This is VERY annoying.
- Content elements seem dated and offer very few settings.
- Their Fusion Builder still does not work in real-time, meaning that you will have to save the page and refresh the front-end each time to see the changes.
Divi Pros and Cons
Here’s what I like:
- Layout packs. The Divi Theme comes with over 100 layout packs, (a Complete themed website made in Divi). These are available to everyone who purchases Divi. The Layout Packs are diverse and cover numerous industries.
- Elegant Themes Membership offer tremendous value for the money.
- The real-time WYSIWYG Visual Builder is by far, its strongest asset. With the Visual Builder, you get to see every change you make in real-time.
- Your subscription allows you to implement Divi on as many sites as you wish.
Here’s what I don’t like:
- First time users of Divi may feel intimidated due to the tremendous amount of options and flexibility that it offers. However, this all goes away after playing with it and discovering all that it can do. Additionally, there is a ridiculous amount of documentation available at elegantthemes.com that will show you how to do everything, and the Divi community is so large that you can find answers to anything Divi related.
It’s No Longer an Either Or Issue
The argument that one has to choose between Avada and Divi is false narrative. Elegant Themes has developed an incredible theme called, Divi. This theme was initially released on December 11, 2013 and has only grown in popularity since. It has become so popular, that it now holds the prized status of being the #1 most widely used WordPress theme on the internet, counting for a customer base of nearly 600,000.
Divi is for everyone, regardless of your experience in web-design or web-development. It makes developing a website incredibly easy, saving you an enormous amount of time.
The Divi Builder Plug-in offers all that the Divi Theme offers, while respecting all of the theme options and theme customizations of the Avada theme, (or any other WordPress theme that you wish to use). That’s right, you can now use Divi on ANY WordPress theme, by simply installing the Divi plugin on your non-Divi website.
Additionally, in using Divi to build pages, you will find yourself exploring possibilities that you would not otherwise take, simply because it is so easy to build the page quickly. If you don’t like the page layout, delete the section, or even the entire page and just start over. No biggie.
If You Like The Avada Theme, Use it!
Again, it’s no longer an either / or option. There is no competition here. You are no longer limited. On the contrary, you now have even MORE options. If you have fallen in love with the Avada theme, that’s great! If you are already super familiar with the Avada theme, because you have built several sites using it already, let me reassure you that you do not need to divorce your site in favor of Divi. Simply install the Divi Builder plug-in and you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
When building a new page, you can use the Divi Builder to create your new page and choose any one of the 46 included Divi modules. Yes, 46 modules! Divi itself is incredibly flexible. When you combine the polished look of what the Avada theme offers with all that Divi offers, you get to enjoy the best of both worlds. Two incredibly power themes working together as one.
As mentioned earlier, the Divi community is enormous. So is the Avada community. If you have an issue and need assistance with something related to the Avada theme, you can easily find the answer to your questions in the Avada community. The same applies for the Divi community, and frankly, there is no need to tell one community the fact that you are running both Avada and Divi together. There is no need to cloud the judgement of those you are asking help from.
Using both is not the same as having to choose between a PC vs Mac, or GM vs Ford, or electric cars vs gas-powered cars. There is no “verses” here. They work together, thanks to the Divi Builder plug-in. If you have not already tried using the Divi Builder plug-in with Avada, (or any other WordPress theme for that matter), I encourage you to try it today. If you run into problems, the Divi Support Team and the Divi community will gladly assist you.
What is the most popular WordPress Theme today?
According to isitwp.com, with over 100,000 WordPress Themes available today, the Divi WordPress theme from Elegant Themes is the number one most popular WordPress theme.
Which theme has more momentum behind it?
Avada was released as a “Multi-theme”, where one could create completely different looking sites using the “Avada” theme. Elegant Themes offers Divi Layout Packs (2 each week), which serve as a complete website layout, which is based on the Divi Theme. With Avada, you have 12 layout options. With Divi, you have in excess of 100+